If you stayed at a hotel operated by International Hotels Group property – which includes the Holiday Inn, Crowne Plaza and Staybridge Suites brands – last year, you may want to check your financial statements.
The company has expanded its list of hotels targeted in a data breach to more than 1,100, according to KrebsonSecurity.com.
IHG created a look-up tool on its website to identifying affected hotels and specific dates. The site lists 19 New Jersey hotels including 12 Holiday Inn and four Crowne Plaza locations.
A statement on the company’s website said the breach took place between September and December 2016.
IHG said it recently discovered that the breach was bigger than it originally reported in February, when it identified only a dozen properties, according to KrebsonSecurity.com.
The hotels said its cash registers were compromised, putting customer names, debit and credit card numbers, expiration dates and verification codes at risk. The company said no other guest information was affected.
The hotel has listed the following properties in 19 New Jersey towns:
- Bordentown: Candlewood Suites, 200 Rising Sun Road, from Sept. 29 to Oct. 11, 2016
- Budd Lake: Holiday Inn, 1000 International Drive North, from Sept. 29 to Dec. 28, 2016
- Carneys Point: Holiday Inn Express, 506 S. Pennsville Auburn Road, from Sept. 29 to Oct. 3, 2016
- Clinton: Holiday Inn, 111 West Main Street, Sept. 29 to Dec. 20, 2016
- Cranbury: Staybridge Suites, 1272 South River Road, Sept. 29 to Dec. 29, 2016
- Edison: Crowne Plaza, 2055 Lincoln Hwy, Sept. 29 to Nov. 14, 2016
- Elizabeth: Crowne Plaza, 901 Spring Street, Sept. 29 to Oct. 6, 2016
- Hazlet: Holiday Inn, 2870 Highway 35, from Sept. 29 to Dec. 29, 2016
- Monroe: Crowne Plaza, 390 Forsgate Dr., Sept. 29 to Dec. 29, 2016
- Mount Arlington: Holiday Inn Express, 176 Howard Boulevard, Sept. 29 to Nov. 7, 2016
- Mount Laurel: Staybridge Suites, 4115 Church Road, Sept. 29 to Dec. 29, 2016
- North Bergen: Holiday Inn Express, 2600 Tonnelle Avenue, Sept. 29 to Dec. 29, 2016
- Princeton: Holiday Inn, 100 Independence Way, Sept. 29 to Dec. 29, 2016
- Saddle Brook: Crowne Plaza, 50 Kenny Place, Sept. 29 to Nov. 23, 2016
- Secaucus: Holiday Inn, 300 Plaza Drive, Sept. 29 to Dec. 29, 2016
- South Plainfield: Holiday Inn, 4701 Stelton Road, Sept. 29 to Dec. 21, 2016
- Totowa: Holiday Inn, One Route 46 West, Sept. 29 to Dec. 29, 2016
- Vineland: Holiday Inn Express, 398 Smith Street, Sept. 29 to Dec. 29, 2016
- Westampton: Holiday Inn Express, 18 Western Drive, Sept. 29 and Nov. 7, 2016
If you stayed at any of these properties and believe you may have been affected, you should contact your financial institution and the credit bureau for more information.